woensdag 8 april 2009

Train keeps a rollin

It has been a month already? Don't worry I've been busy. I have uploaded a rough version of the entire animation. Some bits missing, some bits flashing here and there.



Please tell me it's flowing or blowing.
I also have started posting on the conceptart forums, where I got good critisism. I posted this coloured part



Following this part, the characters pluche friend is rocketing into the air in a nice (my opinion) panning shot. Someone mentioned the part being not visually engaging enough which has me reviewing all of the scene's. Just to check i I am able to spot visual un-enaging shots. I must admit that I'm not yet fully trained in this and can't say I can spot them easily. Probably because I'm biased.
That's why it's so good to ask others than yourself. I've been working on this for months and was in need of some fresh eyes on the animated short.
I am in doubt wether or not to shake the whole thing up and make the suggested correction.
Someone suggested to have a point-of-view of the pluche animal, whilst being swayed around. I like that, but that's breaking the whole thing up. Should I do it now or first graduate and then do it? Should I do it at all.. Doubt, doubt, doubt...
Until next time!

2 opmerkingen:

CrazyHarmke zei

Hey Jan!

Goed om weer wat van je te zien man! Het schiet al aardig op.

Om antwoord te geven op de vraag die je stelt in je post: Ik zou de aanpassing NU doen.. als je het na je afstuderen doet, komt er hoogstwaarschijnlijk niks meer van + je wil denk ik niet afstuderen met iets waarvan je weet dat er nog iets aan mankeert :).

Verder viel het mij op dat er best veel shots zijn waarbij je naar de kruin van het jongetje kijkt, is dat een bewuste keuze? In sommige gevallen wordt het dan onduidelijk wat er precies gebeurt. Heb je the Illusion of Life gelezen? Ik heb een nederlandse samenvatting van de animatie principes gemaakt die daarin staan:
KLIK!Misschien nog wel handig :)

Succes!!!

xXx
Harmke

Jan van der Zee zei

Hey Harmke,

Bedankt voor je vertaling van de principes! Daar kan ik zeker nog wel iets uit halen. Samen met the animators survival kit probeer ik zo kritisch mogelijk naar m'n werk kijken. Zo zijn er aardig wat scenes verbeterd.
Man, het is zo leuk om te doen : ) Lastig dat er eens een eind aan moet komen.
De kruin die steeds zichtbaar is.. ik denk dat ik op die plekken nog een uitdrukking moet tekenen. Soms zie je de hulplijntjes wel eens verschijnen.
Ik zal ff een nieuwe (verbeterde, ingekleurde) scene plaatsen.

Leuk dat je me nog steeds volgt! Bedankt.

gr. Jan