woensdag 25 februari 2009

Character sheet and a ruff test

Hi,
Working hard at animating, so took no time to post. Here's an update:
I needed to design the "threat-turning-into-comfort" figure that appears in the storyboard. It's the boy's lovely old neighbour.
Fat and happy, as they need to be :d I had been having trouble finding the right face for her. Some really awful attempts..
Luckily I came in harmony with the style chosen for the boy, so in that length I went on and came up with these:







Ruff test of a flying scene:




Onto my digital pegs, again! See ya!

6 opmerkingen:

CrazyHarmke zei

i love the test ^_^
btw maybe this is an interesting blog for you: http://johnkstuff.blogspot.com/
(bah dat engels :P)
ik leer er ook erg veel van :)

Jan van der Zee zei

Hey thanks!

I know the blog, it's really insightful.Very generous of him to go deep on lots of subjects. It's bookmarked :)

Mitch Leeuwe zei

Nice blog!

Jan van der Zee zei

Thanks Mitch,

I enjoyed yours as well! Exchange links?

Mitch Leeuwe zei

No problem. I will add you to my list.

BTW yeah I used flash to animate. But I want to concentrate more on the classic animation stuff, to get to know the basics better.

But flash is nice, because you can animate easly by frame by frame and you can tween like I did with that lion.

Jan van der Zee zei

A combination of both works well, I guess. For the sake of learning I'm drawing it all, no tweening.
Must admit I'm having trouble keeping it clean.